Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Lake TwentyTwo

We wanted to see snow..

Here we are, back at it again! The last time Tory and I were here, it had been completely flooded out. I wasn't able to get many pictures of the flood, but surprisingly had enough footage for a two minute vlog. You can check that out here! It's pretty amazing though, the snow completely changed the scenery of this place to the point where it was was almost unrecognizable. 












We took our sweet time enjoying the scenery and completed it within about 5 hours. The hike is about 5.4 miles round-trip. We started at noon and by the time we got to the lake, it was fast-approaching sunset. The trail wasn't too slick going up. Which was nice because we both didn't have any snow shoes or crampons for the ice. Unfortunately, on the way down, the temperature had dropped and froze over most the trail. I only slipped and fell about, eh, seven times.. Tory, being the sweetheart that he is, only chuckled a few times.. It was also dark by 4 pm! Being the idiots that we are, we didn't bring any flashlights or headlamps either. I only had my one, lonesome iPhone light.





Through all of our struggles and unpreparedness, I would have still done this hike over and over. It was one of the most rewarding hikes I've completed this year. I'll make sure to have the appropriate gear for the next snow hike though!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Thaidyedfalicia. All rights reserved.