Thursday, December 15, 2016

High Rock Lookout

Not too bad, Mt. Rainier..

Hiking a lookout has been on my bucket list for quite sometime now. My friend Tory and I tried to hike the Evergreen Mountain Lookout a few weeks back, but unfortunately the road was closed. So, we decided to try High Rock instead.


We did the hike a little differently than we normally do. We set off at about 9 pm and camped out in our car until sunrise. To my surprise, it was a clear night and I was able to get a shot of the stars on our way down.








The peak was brisk, but well worth the journey. I forgot to bring gloves and just about froze off my fingers. So, we had to take several breaks to warm up within the lookout. This is by far my favorite view of Rainier. Hopefully we'll be able to come back to this one soon.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Thaidyedfalicia. All rights reserved.