Friday, April 15, 2016

Olympic National Park- Second Beach

 Sleeping ocean side for the very first time..

I finally have been able to acquire the bare minimum necessities for an overnight backpacking experience. I'm not quite ready for a two-day hike so, I thought Second beach would be a great opportunity to test out my gear for one night. This beach requires a permit to camp overnight. You can either get one at the Olympic National Park Ranger Office or there are permit forms you can fill out when you reach the trail head. I know a couple of friends who have been busted for camping without a permit and it is upwards of about a $90 fine per person if you do not purchase one. The permit itself costs around $5..

 
The trail was rather easy, I don't believe it is even a mile to reach the ocean. There were about 7 or 8 other parties camping as well. Everyone was rather friendly and quiet at night. You'd think the sound of the ocean at night would put you to sleep, but I was rather paranoid the tide was going to take our tent away. I woke up about every hour or so to check and make sure. The closest the tide got to us though, was about 6 feet away. We also pitched our tent behind a couple large drift wood logs as an extra precaution.







Overall, it was a lovely experience and I would definitely visit back again. Hopefully, on a more clear night so I can get some photos of the galaxy.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Thaidyedfalicia. All rights reserved.