Sunday, November 3, 2013

DIY: Wall Decals




Most people paint to add interest to their walls, but I thought I would take a different approach and make these easy decals out of shelf liner. This is an awesome alternative to paint, and ideal for renters because the shelf liner does absolutely no damage to your walls. The amount of different designs you could do are endless, you just need some creativity!


Materials used:
-Shelf Liner (contact paper)
-Hobby Knife
-Cutting Mat
-Straight Edge Ruler


On the back of the shelf liner it is graphed, which makes the design I did much easier to make and cut out. The initial sizing of the first diamond is 14X8 squares. To increase the size of the diamond, I went horizontally out by 2 squares on each side and vertically out by 3 squares on each side. In total there are 7 diamonds, but I only use 4 of them (every other one).

It is extremely difficult to explain how I arranged the pattern on my walls, but if you head over to my youtube video it might be able to fill in the blanks for you!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Good luck <3


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Thaidyedfalicia. All rights reserved.